Mattie, a rescued bald eagle at #SeaWorldOrlando, has a wingspan of 7ft! Check out the Animal Ambassador Tour, and find out how Mattie and bald eagles are slowly making a comeback. Learn more in this @orlandosentinel article: https://t.co/TcqjFXJ4cV pic.twitter.com/Lp6AdCPSRS
— SeaWorld (@SeaWorld) March 10, 2019
To thank veterans for their sacrifices, many merchants and retailers offer special discounts for those men and women who have worn the uniform and who are or have been in the military.
Why do they do it? I think again it's their way of showing appreciation and to lessen some of the financial burdens on the military families that are sacrificing or have sacrificed for our country.
Disclosure: The links in this post contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.
17+ Retailer Military Discounts
- AC Lens – offers 10% off any size transaction to all active, retired, or reserve US military personnel. Any eligible person and family member can receive the military discount with a valid US military ID.
- AT&T Wireless – Military Veterans and their Families Save Up to 25% at AT&T– Enroll in Veterans Advantage Member Plan!
- Verizon Fios – Veteran and Military Savings: Save up to $120 Annually On Verizon Fios with a Veterans Advantage Member Plan!
- Audible.com – military discount that is available to ALL service members. The only hitch is that it is for new accounts only, so if you have ever received a free book from them before, you won’t be eligible with that email address.
- Bass Pro Shops – they have regular Military Discount Days at their Outdoor World retail stores. Military Discount Days start the 15th of every month and last one week. This discount is available to active and retired military personnel. You must present a valid photo-military identification card to receive your 10% discount at checkout.
- Car/Truck Brand Discounts – nearly every foreign and domestic brand sold in the US and on or near major overseas US military installations offer some type of discount or incentive.
- Cruise Lines – there are cruises out there that fit every situation you may be in, married, single, children, luxury, etc., and best of all, many offer great military discounts.
- DISH Network Satellite TV – Connect Your Home is now offering an exclusive military discount to all active duty, veterans, reservists, and guard servicemen and women, as a thank you for your service. This exclusive discount lets military members receive $40 off the best package of DISH Network Service.
- Home Depot – the Home Depot offers a year-round, 10 percent discount, up to a $500 maximum, at our U.S. stores to all active duty military personnel, reservists, retired or disabled veterans and their immediate families.
- Jo-Ann Fabrics and Craft Store – All military members, past or present, and their families qualify for the 10 percent everyday discount. To receive the discount, customers must provide proof of military service or Military Dependent ID upon checkout. This discount is valid in-store only, and some exclusions apply.
- Las Vegas Shows – check out some of the best show lineups on the strip and save up to 50%.
- Law 4 Small Business – small business support at a generous 20% military discount.
- Military Tee Times – Golf anyone?
- Rental Cars – Enjoy great savings, special benefits, and all the comfort and reliability that come with renting a vehicle from one of the popular rental car agencies. USAA members can sign up for the Hertz, Avis, and Budget preferred/rewards program at no cost.
- ROXIO – save old memories and 20% discount as well.
- Seaworld Parks & Entertainment – launched a special offer to honor all the men and women who have previously served as members of the U.S. Armed Services. The “Waves of Honor” salute to veterans offers active-duty complimentary admission and discounts off single-day admission to the SeaWorld® and Busch Gardens® Parks, and Sesame Place® for veterans and as many as five guests. Qualified service members and veterans include active duty, retired, honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military.
- Walt Disney World – Disney offers substantial discounts on rooms, park tickets, cruises, all available to active-duty and retired military and their families.