Due to the continued COVID-19 crisis, this year will probably go down as the year of the surge in the at-home gym and all the assorted equipment and gear that we buy to fill them. More specifically, great, smart, indoor exercise bikes are all the rage now, especially with introducing the highly anticipated and versatile new bike on the block, Peloton.
Although Peloton bikes have a very devoted fanbase, the price is a huge disadvantage for the average user, making it hard to justify spending upwards of $2300 for the bicycle, not including the $39 monthly membership fee.
You may ask, “Is there a cheaper alternative to Peloton”?
Luckily, there are comparable Peloton bike alternatives out there on the market that give the bike a run for its money, with similar great benefits of the Peloton, for a fraction of the cost — and a few of them are a lot more wallet-friendly, as well. To see what are the best alternatives to Peloton, check out our top picks below.
6 Low-Cost Peleton Alternatives
1. MYX Fitness
MYX fitness is a total fitness system for the body and mind.
- Complete at-home gym bike
- Bountiful library of workouts
- On-bike and off-bike exercises and equipment
- Equipped with a 21.5-inch touchscreen tablet
- Comes with a Polar OH1 heart rate monitor
- 6-piece weight set, kettlebell, foam roller, and resistance band
- Used in elite cycling studios and gyms around the globe
- Cost: $1199 -$1399
Buy it HERE: MYK Fitness
2. NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle
NordicTrack S22i Studio Cycle is a formidable alternative and closest match to the Peloton experience.
- Built-in 22-inch interactive HD touchscreen
- Elite trainer-led immersive classes vetted by iFit
- Stream over 16K on-demand workouts with an iFit subscription (the first year included free)
- Unique adjustable incline controls
- The pedal design allows riders to wear any athletic shoes
- Cost: from $1999
Buy it HERE.
3. Bowflex C6
The more affordable Bowflex C6 lets you choose your workout app and comes equipped with a backlit LCD for tracking your results.
- Compatible with Zwift App, Peloton App, and Explore the World App
- Bluetooth enabled access to your chose of workout coaching apps
- Bluetooth enabled heart rate monitor (armband)
- Dual-link pedals with toe cages
- Includes a pair of 3 lb dumbbells
- Cost: from $999
Buy it HERE.
4. Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike
You remember Schwinn, don't you? Well, if you're my age, you do. They made our bikes as kids, and now they've graduated into cycling bikes as well.
- Comes with Bluetooth connectivity and designed to work with the Peloton®, Zwift®, and Explore the World apps
- Stream thousands of classes directly into your home
- Equipped with pedals that allow for different footwear types — regular sneakers, higher-end clip-in shoes, etc.
- Smooth, magnetic resistance, and padded handlebars
- Full color backlit LCD to track your key metrics (heart rate, speed, calories, distance, and RPMs)
- Slim, comfortable Bluetooth® LE (BLE) heart rate armband
- 3 lb. dumbbells with easy-reach cradles
- USB charging station
- Cost: from $899
Buy it HERE. Includes free shipping.
5. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B1714 Evolution Pro Magnetic Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
With a 44-lb chrome flywheel design, the Sunny Health and Fitness SF-B1714 is designed for max stability.
- Emergency push down brake stops the wheel immediately for safety
- Magnetic resistance provides easily adjustable tension with virtually no maintenance
- Heavy-duty and high durability steel frame construction with up to 330 lb user weight limit.
- 4-way adjustable handlebars and seat allow forward/backward and up/down adjustments for best fit.
- Cost: $679.99
Buy it HERE.
6. Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle Bundle
The M3i is a silent, smooth sitting or standing, serious workout bike, convenient with great design, and excellent quality.
- Bundle includes Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle, floor mat, media tray, stretch pads, and Polar Heart Rate Monitor!
- Industry’s first V-shape frame to accommodate riders of all body shapes and sizes (4'10”-7′ tall)
- Keiser integrated technology connects riders to the Keiser M Series app for a limitless array of workouts
- Four-way adjustable seat and handlebars
- The elegant design makes the M3i extremely durable, self-tensioning Poly-V belt drive, and virtually maintenance-free
- Made in the U.S
- Cost: $1995
Buy it HERE.