Here are some of the best airlines that you and your family can take enjoy discounts and offers when planning your next trip. You sure don't want to miss these!
The below airlines offer military discounts, waived change or cancellation fees, plus other benefits such as baggage allowances, special rates, and fares. Please read below for more detail.
- Offers up to 5 bags free for active-duty military personnel with ID and up to 5 bags free for military dependents with ID on travel orders. Specific baggage information may be found on their website, alaskaair.com under travel “
- Specific baggage information may be found on their website, alaskaair.com under travel “Checked & Carry On Baggage Policies“.
- Active-duty personnel can get up to 3 checked bags free.
These are the requirements:
- Must be Active Personnel; this includes ‘leaves’ while on Active duty such as weekend passes, transitioning from one base to another, or temporary duty
- Must show valid Active Military Identification
- No charge for Checked Baggage (up to 3 pieces)
- Each Checked Bag must weigh less than 99 lbs and not exceed outside dimensions of 80 linear inches
- One free Carry-on bag not to exceed 9 x 14 x 22
- The bag fee waiver applies only to baggage belonging to Active Military Personnel on the itinerary
Allegiant does not offer additional military discounts on airfare.
- Offers special military rates when you call 800-433-7300 for more details. They also offer a military baggage allowance. Allowance of 1st and/or 2nd checked
- They also offer a military baggage allowance. Allowance of 1st 2nd checked bags at no additional charge provided it falls within the size and weight limitations. These free checked bag allowances apply on flights operated by American Airlines, American Eagle, and American Connection®.
- On codeshare flights operated by other carriers, the baggage allowance, and charges of the operating carrier apply.
- Active U.S. Military personnel traveling on orders or personal travel.
- Active U.S. Military dependents traveling on orders.
For more info, click HERE.
- Special or unpublished fares for which passengers can qualify through special marketing programs or occupational status. Some of these fares can be purchased at delta.com, while others must be booked with a representative, as these fares require proper documentation before the ticket can be issued.
- Unpublished fares such as bereavement, military or government travel require special documentation and can only be booked with a representative. For further assistance, please contact Delta Reservations at 800-221-1212 for domestic travel or 800-241-4141 for international travel.
- Unpublished fares such as bereavement, military or government travel require special documentation and can only be booked with a representative. For further assistance, please contact Delta Reservations at 800-221-1212 for domestic travel or 800-241-4141 for international travel. Up to 3 to 5 bags fly free depending on your status of travel, on military orders or personal travel.
- Please contact the Reservation Call Center, 800-432-1359, to check on any military fares. These special fares are refundable, which allows the military passenger flexibility in case their orders change.
- Frontier supports our troops. Active duty military personnel who present their ID or who are traveling in uniform, as well as reservists traveling with orders, do not have to pay bag fees including excess, oversize, and overweight fees.
- Qualified US military passengers must check-in at Hawaiian Airlines airport counters in order to benefit from the below-described baggage allowance. The airport kiosks and web check-in will only permit up to two (2) complimentary bags for military passengers traveling on Military/Government fares.
- Waive change/cancel fees for active members of the military and members of their immediate family traveling on the same itinerary if their travel plans need to be changed or canceled due to deployment or transfer.
- For information on fares, change/cancel fees and baggage fee waivers for military personnel, please speak to one of our reservation crew members at 1-800-JETBLUE.
- Exclusive Military Savings: JetBlue 5% Everyday Discounts With a Veterans Advantage Member Plan!
- Proud to offer Military Fares for the men and women (and their dependents) of our Armed Forces.
- In order to purchase a Military Fare, you must be on active duty and be able to produce valid identification when you travel. Please call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) if you are interested in obtaining a Military Fare or any additional information.
- Southwest Airlines waives ALL baggage fees for Active duty, even if the bag is overweight or multiple bags.
- Spirit Airlines change its baggage policy for active military members. Effective immediately, all passengers with an active military ID will receive two free checked bags and one free carry-on.
- Spirit will also offer refunds at its ticket counters for any active duty military member who has already purchased bags for an upcoming trip.
- United offers Military and federal government personnel discounts in select markets and routes. In most, not all markets, the discount will apply to any active member of the military including dependents (ID will be required at check-in). To take advantage of these discounts or to check on fares you will need to contact United Reservations at 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) where specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Military Veterans and their Families Save Up to 5% Every Day on United Airlines – Enroll in Veterans Advantage Member Plan!
- Virgin offer members of the Armed Forces serving and retired, Defense civil servants and their dependents discounted fares to worldwide destinations.