BEST OF THE BEST DEALS, DISCOUNTS, OFFERS, AND TOOLS
Welcome to the Military Discounts Central Resources section, a curated list of the most recommended and popular deals, discounts, and offers I strongly recommend for getting great savings and building and optimizing your blog, site, or business, if that applies to you. Many of the resources listed here are what I used today or have used in my personal and business life. Now, some of the things listed are not military discounts related but instead resources that we used or fans of and provide great value to our veteran community.
Break, break, before digging into the awesome offers and resources I know and trust, an important disclosure:
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that I have experience with most of these offers and companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products/services unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Build Your Blog / Website
A2 HOSTING (20% off)
- This hosting service is very easy to use and features 1 click WordPress integration. A2 Hosting also has very good customer service and unbeatable support & reliability. Plans from less than $4/month. I personally use A2 Hosting for all my sites and after the year special is over, A2 Hosting provides a 20% yearly military discount on their annual hosting plans and services.
- Looking for a reliable hosting company that has a support staff available when you need them? Visit A2 Hosting! They have a 99.9% uptime guarantee and offer 24/7/365 support.
SEVA (formally Convertkit – 20% off annual subscription)
- SEVA makes managing your email list and setting up autoresponders so easy and user-friendly. Segmenting my email subscribers into groups so that they get content specific to their individual needs has never been more simple. It is the autoresponder we currently use and I highly recommend using SEVA for your email list building. SEVA also offer 20% off their annual subscription plans. Be sure to inquire after you sign up.
- Get a Free Trial Below
- Freelance service marketplace Fiverr is a platform that helps employers find talent for their projects. The service facilitates meetings between employers and freelancers who can aid them in brand building or their marketing efforts, providing them with access to a vast pool of highly-qualified freelancers. The platform allows entrepreneurs to discover freelancers by having them come in contact with service sellers in three different levels. This way, they get to meet freelancers with the ideal skill sets and rates who will suit their needs. These seller levels allow businesses to either expand or narrow their searches according to freelancer levels. Click the banner below to join the marketplace!
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) Educate – Helping Veterans Skill Up for Cloud Careers
- T-Mobile ONE 50% Off Military Offer
- McAfee Total Protection – 60% Military Discount
- LinkedIn for Veterans – Free Premium Career Subscription and Eligibility
- AARP Veteran Membership — Exclusive for all members of the US Military Forces. AARP is proud to extend this very special offer of up to 25% off member benefits for the men and women of the United States Armed Forces who are 50+ years of age. Only AARP Members have access to the savings and discounts that come with an AARP Membership. Activate your membership today and join your fellow Active Duty, Military Retiree, Veteran, National Guard, and Reservists, as well as spouse, in this very special, and exclusive offer.
- We'd like to say thank you. Join and receive a free $10 eGift Card exclusively for active and former members of the U.S. military. Valid through Jan. 31, 2020.
Maggiano's Little Italy (25% off entire bill)
- Lowe’s Expands 10% Military Discount To All Veterans
- Shop on Ebates For Free Cash Back and Get $10 Cash Back FREE
Military & Veteran Discounts Guide: The Ultimate List of Stores (from our friends at Dealhack.com)
Books That Will Inspire You
The Simple Path to Wealth: Your roadmap to financial independence and a rich, free life – An easy to read and follow the simpler way to grow your wealth for you and your family to include any young adult kids or relatives.
The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally – An essential book for you or someone you know who's struggling with Diabetes.
The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss – If you struggle with losing weight, that changes now in this book. Everything you believe about how to lose weight is wrong. Weight gain and obesity are driven by hormones—in everyone—and only by understanding the effects of insulin and insulin resistance can we achieve lasting weight loss.
Ashley's War: The Untold Story of a Team of Women Soldiers on the Special Ops Battlefield – Gripping and inspiring with a dose of sadness. From the author of the New York Times bestseller The Dressmaker of Khair Khana comes the poignant and gripping story of a groundbreaking team of female American warriors who served alongside Special Operations soldiers on the battlefield in Afghanistan—including Ashley White, a beloved soldier who died serving her country’s cause.
The Cheat Code: Going Off Script to Get More, Go Faster, and Shortcut Your Way to Success – Have you ever noticed that there are certain people who seem to get ahead just a bit faster than everyone else? You know, the types who always seem to be a bit ahead of the curve, to get noticed a bit more, and to achieve their goals a bit more quickly than the rest of the pack? And have you ever noticed how much this small edge can matter, and the outsized impact it can have on the trajectory of their careers? Inquire within for your road to success.
Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less – Have you ever found yourself stretched too thin? Do you simultaneously feel overworked and underutilized? Are you often busy but not productive? Do you feel like your time is constantly being hijacked by other people’s agendas? If you answered yes to any of these, the way out is the Way of the Essentialist. The Way of the Essentialist isn’t about getting more done in less time. It’s about getting only the right things done. It is not a time management strategy or a productivity technique. It is a systematic discipline for discerning what is absolutely essential, then eliminating everything that is not, so we can make the highest possible contribution towards the things that really matter.
Do Over: Rescue Monday, Reinvent Your Work, and Never Get Stuck – New York Times bestselling author Jon Acuff has drawn millions of online fans who love his refreshing mix of humor, honesty, and wisdom about the world of work. Now he offers his most important book yet, a guide to making big career changes—by choice or necessity—and escaping the horrible feeling of being trapped in the wrong job.
Born for This: How to Find the Work You Were Meant to Do – To the outside observer, it seems like they've won the career lottery that by some stroke of luck or circumstance, they've found the one thing they love so much that it doesn't even feel like work and they re getting paid well to do it. In reality, their good fortune has nothing to do with chance. There s a method for finding your perfect job, and Chris Guillebeau, the bestselling author of “The $100 Startup,” has created a practical guide for how to do it whether within a traditional company or business or by striking out on your own.
Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money – This book tells it like it is in a helpful, honest, hopeful, informative way. He offers valid, useful information based on ancient wisdom and modern experience. Rabbi Lapin is an unorthodox Orthodox rabbi. He understands the Biblical nature of economic freedom as well as he understands the Bible: uniquely well. Prosperity must have a purpose and Rabbi Lapin explores the wellsprings of the Judeo-Christian heritage to elucidate those purposes. In so doing, he also illuminates the road to greater prosperity for all.
Business Brilliant: Surprising Lessons from the Greatest Self-Made Business Icons – Ask a member of the middle class what it takes to become wealthy, and she'll tell you it takes a bold new idea. Tell that to a self-made millionaire, and he'll vehemently disagree. What explains the difference in mindset between the self-made wealthy and the rest of us? It's not what you think, as journalist and entrepreneur Lewis Schiff convincingly illustrates through groundbreaking research and compelling storytelling.
The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster: Why Now Is the Time to Join The Ride – This book is designed for those new (or early stage) to entrepreneurship or those who have watched from afar and have wanted/wished to join in, but the fear of the unknown has kept them stupefied and in paralysis.
The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results – One Thing is a groundbreaking book that will help your productivity and improve your life, whether you apply its principles in your job or business, or in your day to day life.
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking – In Quiet, Susan Cain argues that we dramatically undervalue introverts and shows how much we lose in doing so. She charts the rise of the Extrovert Ideal throughout the twentieth century and explores how deeply it has come to permeate our culture. She also introduces us to successful introverts—from a witty, high-octane public speaker who recharges in solitude after his talks, to a record-breaking salesman who quietly taps into the power of questions.
How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life – Scott Adams has likely failed at more things than anyone you’ve ever met or anyone you’ve even heard of. So how did he go from hapless office worker and serial failure to the creator of Dilbert, one of the world’s most famous syndicated comic strips, in just a few years? In How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big, Adams shares the strategy he has used since he was a teen to invite failure in, to embrace it, then pick its pocket.
The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin (Dover Thrift Editions) – Blessed with enormous talents and the energy and ambition to go with them, Franklin was a statesman, author, inventor, printer, and scientist. He helped draft the Declaration of Independence and later was involved in negotiating the peace treaty with Britain that ended the Revolutionary War. He also invented bifocals, a stove that is still manufactured, a water-harmonica, and the lightning rod. Franklin's extraordinary range of interests and accomplishments are brilliantly recorded in his Autobiography, considered one of the classics of the genre.
Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear – Imagine your life, wholly untouched by angst. What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats? If you could hover a fear magnet over your heart and extract every last shaving of dread, insecurity, or doubt, what would remain? Envision a day, just one day, where you could trust more and fearless.
VA Home Ownership Assistance Program – the mortgage reports
Their primary mission is promoting sleep health awareness, and most recently, they’ve explored veterans’ unique sleep needs. They’ve looked at how a history of trauma can change sleep patterns, how veterans can deal with insomnia and other sleep disorders, and which companies give veterans’ discounts. You can check out some of their work here:
Mattress Advisor helps you get your best sleep ever. They’re obsessed with sleep because they believe great sleep leads to a better life. Their team has worked diligently to become experts on helping those who suffer from insomnia, especially our soldiers, to get better sleep. Check out the three helpful resources below:
- Sleep and PTSD: Common Sleep Troubles Vets Face
- Sleep after Trauma
- How to Make Your Bedroom Accessible for Disabilities
Veterans may face unique sleep challenges due to the nature of their training and their time in the service, whether or not they saw combat. Transitioning from military life to civilian living comes with a host of challenges, and sleep problems are quite common in veterans of all ages…
Well, that’s all our resources both more will be added periodically, so check back soon. We hope that you find it to be very helpful and informative, thus even possibly motivating and encouraging you to share these resources with your friends and family and/or start your own website. For any other questions or concerns regarding this page, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to assist you.